According to a recent ASPCA study, prescription and over-the-counter medications are among the top poisoning hazards to pets. Even such seemingly benign medications as acetaminophen (AKA Tylenol®) are highly dangerous to animals, who often ingest them by accident thinking they are “treats”. Insecticides, household cleaners, plants and fertilizers also made the list. Even such food items as chocolate and grapes can be toxic to animals!
Keep all medications and hazardous chemicals out of the reach of your pets, and never give any medications to your pets without consulting your veterinarian. If your pet accidentally ingests any medication, contact your vet immediately, or call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 (consultation charges may apply).
Read the full news story here.